Public Accommodation Discrimination
St. Louis & Jefferson City ADA / Public Accommodation Attorneys
The discrimination lawyers at Dashtaki Law Firm exclusively represent the rights of individuals involving claims of discrimination in places of public accommodation. Located in St. Louis and Jefferson City, Missouri, the attorneys at Dashtaki Law Firm have extensive experience protecting the rights of individuals who have been denied access or refused service in a place of public accommodation. Discrimination in a place of public accommodation may also happen when a physical barrier or other issue makes services inaccessible to someone who has a physical disability. When you need a public accommodation discrimination lawyer to fight for you, we are ready to stand up for your rights and will assist you with any discrimination in a place of public accommodation issue.
The Law in Missouri is Clear: Discrimination in a Place of Public Accommodation is Illegal
Discriminating against an individual in a place of public accommodation is illegal in Missouri. Both Missouri and federal law prohibit a place of public accommodation from discriminating against an individual because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, or disability, including:
- Refusing to provide service;
- Being inaccessible to a person with a disability;
- Setting different terms or conditions for services or facilities;
- Failing to reasonably accommodate an individual’s disability to allow him/her to use and enjoy the place of accommodation;
- Failing to provide, or providing inadequate, disabled parking spaces;
- Failing to provide an accessible public restroom; or
- Failing to provide an accessible entrance and/or an accessible route that leads to an accessible entrance.
Missouri law covers all places of pubic accommodation
Missouri law and Titles II and III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 covers all businesses that offer their goods and services to the general public. This includes:
- Shopping Centers / Shopping Malls
- Parking Garages / Parking Areas
- Parks / Stadiums / Golf Courses / Amusement Parks
- Retail stores
- Doctors’ offices / Medical Buildings / Pharmacies
- Museums / Libraries
- Hotels / Motels / Lodging
- Schools / Universities
- Buildings and programs offered by state and local governments
Therefore, these entities cannot refuse, withhold, or deny accommodations, advantages, facilities or privileges to any person based on their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex or disability.
A place of public accommodation is required to remove architectural and structural barriers where such removal is readily achievable, i.e., easily accomplished and without too much difficulty or expense. Examples of barrier removal includes:
- Installing ramps
- Making curb cuts in sidewalks and entrances
- Rearranging tables, chairs, vending machines, display racks, and other furniture
- Repositioning telephones
- Widening doors
- Eliminating a turnstile or providing an alternative accessible path
- Making restrooms accessible
- Creating designated accessible parking spaces
- Correctly designing, developing, and editing website information and functionality.
Determining whether you have a claim for discrimination in a place of public accommodation requires the assistance of an experienced Missouri public accommodation discrimination lawyer on your side. The discrimination attorneys at Dashtaki Law Firm know the law, understand the legal system and are determined to get results for our clients. At Dashtaki Law Firm, we exclusively represent individuals who have been discriminated in a place of public accommodation and protect their rights. When those rights are violated, victims of public accommodation discrimination are entitled to redress and compensation. If you, or someone you know, are the victim of public accommodation discrimination, please contact the attorneys at Dashtaki Law Firm today.
Contact an experienced discrimination lawyer today
Public accommodation discrimination cases can be highly complex, so it is essential to speak with an experienced Missouri public accommodation lawyer immediately. If you have been discriminated against, we can help. The lawyers at Dashtaki Law Firm will support you through the process and offer choices to protect your rights. If you have been the victim of discrimination in a place of public accommodation because of your race, age, gender, national origin, religion or disability, contact an experienced Missouri public accommodation discrimination lawyer immediately to understand your legal rights because you have a very limited time to take action, as any delay may cause you to lose your rights.
The Dashtaki Law Firm offers a free and confidential initial consultation to review your case. Contact the lawyers at Dashtaki Law Firm today so that we can begin our investigation.
The public accommodation discrimination attorneys at Dashtaki Law Firm, LLC, serve clients throughout Missouri, including St. Louis City, St. Louis County, Jefferson County, St. Charles County, Franklin County, Cole County, Boone County, Camden County, Callaway County, Osage County, Moniteau County, Miller County, Morgan County, Warren County, Jefferson City, Columbia, Lake of the Ozarks, Osage Beach, Camdenton, Fulton, Linn, Tipton and California, MO.
St. Louis Public Accommodation Discrimination Lawyer Cyrus Dashtaki Home
Contact Jefferson City, Missouri ADA Public Accommodation Attorney Cyrus Dashtaki