Cyrus Dashtaki is experienced in representing individuals in cases involving claims of employment discrimination, wage and hour, consumer fraud and serious personal injury. Cyrus graduated from Lincoln University in 2002 with a bachelor’s degree in business administration and earned his law degree from Washington University in St. Louis in 2005.
At the outset of his career, Cyrus Dashtaki served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Missouri. In that position, Cyrus was responsible for a broad array of complex litigation regarding enforcement of civil rights, discrimination, consumer protection, wage and hour and accessibility laws throughout Missouri.
Since entering private practice and forming Dashtaki Law Firm, LLC, Cyrus has developed a successful history of fighting for the rights of a wide range of individuals involving claims of employment discrimination, housing discrimination, public accommodation discrimination, civil rights, employee rights, whistleblower / qui tam actions, consumer rights and serious personal injury.
Cyrus’ high level of trial experience, attention to detail and practical insight allows each of his clients to receive the personal, professional and zealous advocacy they deserve. With offices located in both St. Louis and Jefferson City, Missouri, Cyrus represents clients in federal and state courts and before federal, state, and local administrative agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Missouri Commission on Human Rights and the St. Louis Civil Rights Enforcement Agency.
Cyrus is an active member of the Missouri Bar, currently serving as a member of the Legislative Review Subcommittee of the Labor and Employment Law Committee. He also is involved in numerous community not-for-profit groups, civic and professional organizations.
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, J.D., 2005, St. Louis, Missouri
- Lincoln University, B.S., Business Administration, 2002, Jefferson City, Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Missouri Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association (St. Louis Chapter)
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- The Lawyers Association of St. Louis
- Cole County Bar Association
Presentations and Publications
- Speaker, “Reasonable Accommodations and Modifications – A Legal Primer,” LeadingAge Missouri Housing Summit, St. Louis, Missouri, 2015
- Speaker, “Reasonable Accommodations and Modifications – A Legal Primer,” LeadingAge Missouri Housing Summit, Columbia, Missouri, 2013
- Speaker, “Jefferson City and Columbia Fair Housing Symposiums,” HUD, Missouri Commission on Human Rights, Columbia, Missouri, 2010
- Author, “Navigating the Missouri Unauthorized Alien Worker Act,” Missouri Attorney General’s Office, Missouri, 2009
- Author and Editor, “Coverage Chart for Missouri and Federal Law,” Missouri Employment Discrimination Desk Book Series, Missouri Bar, 2008
- Speaker, “Government Enforcement of Fair Housing Laws,” Washington University School of Law Eighth Annual Access to Equal Justice Colloquium, St. Louis, Missouri, 2008
- Speaker, “Employment Issues, Sexual Harassment, American with Disabilities Act,” Ethics in Government Conference for Elected Officials, Jefferson City, Missouri, 2008